[Design-team] F13 Artwork Process

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Wed Oct 28 12:43:59 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 28 October 2009 10:59:52 Nicu Buculei wrote:
> On 10/28/2009 11:33 AM, Martin Sourada wrote:
> > I think the F12 schedule worked rather well, we slipped a few times a
> > few days or a week and skipped most of the wallpaper refreshes -- I
> > think it's unnecessary to have that many wallpaper refreshes. I've tried
> > to keep in sync with our work the Key milestones [1] so you can compare
> > what we did in time and when we did it.
>
> A characteristic of this cycle was we had some *very good* designs *very
> early* in the process, we got complacent about them and a long period of
> inactivity occurred (this is why I think we missed refreshes).
> Then close to the Beta we tried a refreshed look and post-beta due to
> *some* fedback, a major and unexpected refresh occurred.

Indeed! I totally agree with you. So we need more feedback - probably through
more refreshes for alpha, more communication out of design team. It's really
too late in time after beta (that's was one problem with F12 schedules - it
was bad communicated what does it mean alpha and beta for F12 - beta is now
practically final release, release candidate).