[Design-team] f12 wallpaper

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Mon Sep 14 11:43:31 UTC 2009

On Friday 11 September 2009 16:24:35 Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> Le Ven 11 septembre 2009 15:27, Máirín Duffy a écrit :
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > We can't be totally satisfied with the current default can we?
> >
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:Constantine_Perspective_Mosaico.svg
> >
> > Any ideas on how to improve it? Has anyone heard any feedback, good or
> > bad? (I've heard nothing)
>
> My main beef with it is that it is not a mosaic, it's a set or very
> regular square tiles.

It's just a wallpaper - so I'm not sure there should be more distraction. I
didn't like first mockups but now I have to admin it's very pleasant as
background image.

Maybe try some ideas by Nicu like blurring furthest squares. But please stay
with this design as I've already prepared our KDE splash screen [1], KDM theme
[2], matching this background and soon there's Splash screens deadline and
there's still lot of work on F12. I'm not saying not to work on it, but please
no bug changes - like going with completely different wallpaper ;-) It's still
not final but...

[1] http://rezza.hofyland.cz/fedora/artwork/f12/constantine-ksplash.png
[2] http://rezza.hofyland.cz/fedora/artwork/f12/constantine-kdm.png

Thanks