[Design-team] mosaic polish

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Mon Sep 28 06:45:45 UTC 2009

On 09/26/2009 06:59 PM, mairin at linuxgrrl.com wrote:

> I'll redo it more carefully at a higher res, and pull out some of the dust
> particles (they aren't lens flares, there's a Japanese word people use for
> them and I can't remember it!! :( ).

"Bokeh" is the word, and is not exactly dust, is "light distortion in
the out-of-focus areas of an image" (wikipedia). A nice bokeh is
something a photographer is striving for in macro photography.

When redoing it, can you make more use of the rule of thirds in the
composition? I can barely see the mosaic is covering about 2/3 of the
image since its top part is very faded.

Other than that, I like it (but as I always said about mosaics, I would
like a bit more variance and less order).