[Design-team] We need more designers to take the Fedora research survey!

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Tue Apr 6 07:34:37 UTC 2010

On 04/05/2010 06:43 PM, Paul W. Frields wrote:

> Are you able to estimate those at all, Nicu?  I know I had to make
> estimates in a number of cases because I don't keep a detailed record
> either. :-)

I made some estimations and completed it, but I see now I was referred
by others for some different different areas, so I can take it more times.

> Were there other questions you had problems with, besides the ones
> asking for time estimates?  That might interest the researchers as
> well.

For the "ambassadorial work" activity I can hardly give a time estimate
(since it is not the main thing I do), so I choose "1-5 hours per week".
I also find difficult to understand/quantify "resources", "stability",
"urgency", "complexity", they do not seems to apply to every type of
activity we do here.
Take "difficulty" as an example (I talk now about "ambassadorial" work):
being challenging is a good thing or not? (I think it is). Talking about
Fedora is not hard to do, the hard part is doing so in front of an
audience :D The same about "difficulty" for design, I like doing it, I
don't find it hard (it may be "challenging"), I find it fun. The hard
part id finding the time for doing it.
"Efficiency" and "Quality" are also hard to measure for things like
design and ambassadorial work, anything I say is subjective.