[Design-team] Design Suite alive and kicking!

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Tue Apr 6 18:21:03 UTC 2010

Hey Sebastian!

On Tue, 2010-04-06 at 18:12 +0200, Sebastian Dziallas wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> the Design Suite is - as of today - not oversized anymore and looks
> pretty decent to me. I moved some stuff around (as [1] reflects). The
> latest composes are available here:
> http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/nightly-composes/design-suite/

I tested it out a bunch and made a version of it last week for this
program I'm going to be doing next week. I'm teaching 2nd-5th grade
students (I think ages 7-11) about vector vs bitmap art, and giving USB
keys of the design suite to their teachers to use back at school.

You can see my KS file here, in the %post you'll see the changes I made
(basically, I fixed some of the .desktop files that are broke upstream,
I changed the Gimp one to just say 'Gimp' instead of GNU Image
Manipulation  Program, I added desktop launchers since I figured they'd
be easier for kids, and I added a Help folder with launchers to
tutorials etc.):

http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/edu/designsuite2.ks