[Design-team] Introduction

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Fri Apr 30 16:38:58 UTC 2010

Hi Martha!

On Fri, 2010-04-30 at 12:14 -0400, Martha Benitez wrote:
> My name is Martha and I would like to become a member of your team.

Awesome! Welcome to the team! :)

> I've thought about contributing to the Fedora Project for a while and
> although my background is in Computer Science, I'd like to learn about
> design.

> I can't say that I have any real experience but I'm looking forward to
> learn to use the OS design tools available in Fedora. I've used some
> design tools before for recreation and took a course in GUI design in
> college.

Cool, this is a good place to learn more about design! Having a computer
science background is also going to help you quite a bit, I think.

> In the beginning I think my contributions would mainly be small tasks
> like: https://fedorahosted.org/design-team/ticket/111
> (which BTW I could start working on if that sounds good)

Cool, please feel free! Do you have a Fedora account in the Fedora
account system yet? You can create one at
http://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts - once your account is ready,
you can log into our ticket system in the upper right of the ticket you
just posted (it's a small 'login' link in the upper right) and then
assign the ticket to yourself in the 'reassign to' field (type in your
Fedora account name.)

We do have updated designs for Fedora 13 that Alexander created:

http://inkscaper.fedorapeople.org/Fedora13/media-artwork/

So you might want to use his work as a base and create additional spin
artwork for the spins Alexander's work didn't cover.