[Design-team] Introduction and f14 wallpaper concepts

Federico Cáceres fede.caceres at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 21:33:58 UTC 2010

Hi Máirín,

2010/8/16 Máirín Duffy <duffy at fedoraproject.org>:
> So I've been using the last one (I'll call it 'C') for the past week.
> After using it for this period of time I do have some suggestions:
Thanks for test-driving it!

> - It seems that the blue in the image doesn't quite work with the blue
> in our default icon theme, Mist. I've attached the folder icon from hat
> theme so you can see what shades and hues of blue it needs to work with.
> I think the wallpaper is a bit too far towards the purple end of the
> spectrum.
Yeah, I didn't use the Fedora blue color, sorry about that, will be
fixing this asap and testing with the default color theme.

> - I do get a bit of a dizzy feeling looking at it. I wonder though, if
> adding a slight vignette (like in [1] but dark rather than white) to a
> very dark & desaturated blue to the left side would help?
I will try adding that vignette or some similar thing to the left to
"flatten" the image a bit. And maybe reducing the blur a bit can also
help with the dizzyness.

> Does anyone else have any feedback for Federico? Has anyone else been
> using his iterations or developing their own? Time is definitely getting
> short as we need to start working on the banners for beta. :)
>
> Federico, can you make our meeting tomorrow? It'll be at 19:00 UTC (3 PM
> Eastern US time) in #fedora-design on irc.freenode.net. Let me know if
> you can make it and need help connecting.
I think I will be able to make it to the meeting, I will be connected
from freenode's webclient though, hope that's not a problem.

See you there!
Federico.