[Design-team] Plymouth theme (boot splash) in F14

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 19:26:13 UTC 2010

Hi everyone,

since we switched to generic (instead of release specific) theme for
plymouth, I've never particularly liked it but it I haven't exactly
disliked it either. Not anymore with F14. The
throbbing-and-loading-at-the-same-time fedora logo with great amount of
rendering glitches is just a sore in the eye and gives a really bad
impression to our users. I'm not sure if it's intentional or a bug, but
either way, it needs fixing.

Personally I'd prefer switching to spinfinity theme. It's simple and
professional looking and it does not have any rendering glitches (tested
myself on F12 and F14).

Any thoughts on this?

Btw. this mail [1] on test list prompted me to not keep silent about it
anymore...

Martin