[Design-team] Supplemental Wallpaper Submission Voting

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Fri Aug 20 07:06:29 UTC 2010

On 08/20/2010 12:46 AM, Fabian A. Scherschel wrote:

> I just closed the Supplemental Wallpaper Submissions down. Please head
> to the main page [1] and the older one which also has excellent images
> [2] and pick the 20 images you like the most. Please submit your vote
> here or at the IRC meeting on Tuesday when we'll wrap the voting process
> up and pick the final winners.

And a note for the people voting: please, do not look at thumbnails or
small size previews before voting, there are important quality criteria
like the noise level, clarity at 100% zoom,  available resolution, color
aberrations, unwanted elements in the frame, composition, motion blur.

I won't be able to attend the next meeting (being at a photography camp
where I will take pictures people want as their wallpapers but we can't
use - bribe me for some :D ) so the vote goes here (followed my own
criteria above and found less than 20 satisfying images):
- Magic forest
- The sound of decadence
- Seneca Lake
- Jean-marie hullot
- Geese at Sunset
- Sheep
- Kuranda Butterfly Sanctuary
- Southern Germany 3
- Mricon-f14-backgrounds-submission-red
- Mricon-f14-backgrounds-submission-sand
- Thou_apocalypse
- Another sunset (needs editing)
- http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:Wallpaper-nicubunu-rose5.jpg
- http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:Wallpaper-nicubunu-macro1.jpg

*Only* if we have high-res available, also (scrap if we don't):
- Path
- Chain
- Nighttime-water
- Evening-sun