[Design-team] Some more news on the Design Suite

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 10:51:34 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-02-08 at 06:39 +0100, Sebastian Dziallas wrote:
> Alright, sounds like a reasonable time for an update on the design
> suite. From what I can see, we've the nightly snapshot builds working!
>
> This is an awesome possibility for testing the images before they get
> released, as those builds represent always the latest state. They are
> available here:
> http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/nightly-composes/design-suite/
>
> In other news, I'd like to slim the whole thing a little more down, as
> we're reasonably close to a good size and Nicu also noted that we're
> shipping duplicating apps quite some use-cases right now.
>
> More news to come... ;)

Hrm... 20100211 hanged on starting rsyslog, 20100214 hanged on starting
gdm, but startx from init 3 works... However liveinst does not start
because it's missing /tmp/updates directory. After I create it, it
starts but when I get to partitioning, my logical group and its volumes
is not recognized... Just downloading 20100216 to see if its any better.
And if not, I'll try desktop live to check if it's a problem of our spin
or a general issue... Oh... and... nmapplet doesn't show up.

As for a very very quick look on the content -- why do we have OOo
Impress but not the rest of the OOo suit (at least I haven't noticed it
in menus)? This is IMHO just duplicating some of Inkscape functionality.

> --Sebastian
Martin