[Design-team] Live-CD icon

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Wed Feb 24 16:50:43 UTC 2010

On 02/24/2010 06:42 PM, Hiemanshu Sharma wrote:
> On 02/24/2010 09:43 PM, Onyeibo Oku wrote:
>> I have updated the Proposed Live-CD Icon.
>> Comments and inputs please ....
>> Here: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:Fedora-Live-CD-icon.svg
>>
> Looks very nice, could you make a different version that says "Live CD"
> on the Disc and probably one that says DVD as well?

I think the icon is better as is, without any text on it:
- text on icons is bad, it will work only on some languages, is not
translatable;
- it will bring the additional trouble of finding the target media, it
is a CD? a DVD? how about an USB drive? when packaging. Is simpler to
have just one generic icon.