[Design-team] Pending Questions for the Design Suite

Máirín Duffy mairin at linuxgrrl.com
Thu Jan 7 15:10:41 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-01-07 at 15:56 +0100, Sebastian Dziallas wrote:
> Nicu Buculei wrote:
> > On 01/06/2010 02:59 PM, Sebastian Dziallas wrote:
> >>
> >> I've taken a second to move the wiki pages around. [1] is now what will
> >> be used for the spin application, whereas planning should happen here [2].
> >
> > That is a good move, the pages are less cluttered now.
> >
> >> I think it would be reasonable to work on getting the spin approved soon
> >> and to make modifications as needed then, since feature freeze is also
> >> the deadlines for spins and we'd get the daily builds then rather
> >> earlier than later.
> >
> > +1
>
> I'll try to get everything ready by tomorrow to submit it to the
> wrangler, so that we can at least mention it at the Spin SIGs meeting
> already.
>
> What's still missing is a slogan for the spin. "Use your creativity" is
> probably... well, if anybody has a suggestion, just shout.

This is the slogan that will appear as the header of the spin details
page right? Eg here is an example of how it will look:

http://spins.fedoraproject.org/lxde/

(LXDE has two so we could have two as well. One is the header of the
page and should be more about what the spin actually is; the other is in
the upper right of the spin banner and can be more fluffy / exciting.)

I'm gonna throw everything I can think of right now out there, good or
bad. What can you come up with?

Open creativity.

Open your mind and create.

Open tools for design.

Open source design & creativity suite.

Illustrate. Photomanipulate. Design. Record. Express. Create!

Express yourself the open source way.