[Design-team] Fedora Branding Fonts

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jul 2 21:08:12 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-07-02 at 21:23 +0100, Nelson Marques wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-07-02 at 15:48 -0400, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> > rendering on my screen, has mismatched
> > letterforms for the accented characters.
>
> Máirín,
>
>  I feel dumb and you are right, the character is replaced by another
> font. I really don't have sharp eye for this, to me it looked the same,
> but by looking closer, it's not the same.

Oh no no, no need to feel dumb at all and I hope my response to you
didn't come across that way either. I think it takes quite a bit of
experience with fonts and even a particular font in general to be able
to spot things like that.

>  From the alternatives pointed in other email by Jef are pretty cool,
> specially the last one ;)
>
>  I like the output on the last PDF, look pretty cool.
>
>  Sorry for wasting yer time.

Not at all, more than one other person has said they understand the
issue much better now! It's a valuable thing you brought it up.