[Design-team] Wonderful news (was Re: Fedora Branding Fonts)

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jul 9 19:16:27 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-07-06 at 18:15 -0400, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-07-02 at 14:02 -0400, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> > Hi folks!
> >
> > I put together a wiki page on our Fedora font discussion from our team
> > meeting on Tuesday:
> >
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Design/Fedora_Branding_Fonts
>
> At our team meeting today we decided to trial Comfortaa as the
> headline/titling font and Droid Sans as the body text font.
>
> I sent an email to Johan Aakerlund, the creator of Comfortaa, this
> evening. The font is CC-BY-ND, which is not acceptable for inclusion in
> Fedora. I asked him to consider OFL, CC-BY, or CC-BY-SA. Here's
> hoping :)

So! Johan told me he was very interested in us using Comfortaa and he
has promised to change the font license to one compatible with Fedora as
soon as he can. He's currently abroad on vacation (he should be back in
a little over a week) and when he gets back he will start working on
changing the license!