[Design-team] Reminder: Design Team meeting tomorrow!

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jul 21 21:25:48 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-07-20 at 11:16 -0400, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> This is a reminder that our weekly IRC meeting is at 19:00 UTC today
> (July 20) in #fedora-design on irc.freenode.net.

Here's the meeting minutes!

Minutes:
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-design/2010-07-20/fedora-design.2010-07-20-19.00.html

Minutes (text):
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-design/2010-07-20/fedora-design.2010-07-20-19.00.txt

Log:
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-design/2010-07-20/fedora-design.2010-07-20-19.00.log.html

Schendje, Emichan, Sijis and I took half an hour or so after the meeting
too to have an open discussion about the new www.fpo designs, and it was
really useful to just have an easy informal discussion. So I think maybe
we should try to make the 30 minutes or so after a meeting an informal
kind of social time we can freely talk about whatever we want without an
agenda, just to have fun / hang out or to have some nice discussions.

One of the topics we talked about after the meeting was how we're still
focusing more on artwork than UX. So Emichan filed a couple tickets for
projects we could work on for some UX experience:

* https://fedorahosted.org/design-team/ticket/147 Installer UI refresh
* https://fedorahosted.org/design-team/ticket/146 Live USB creator UI
refresh

Both the installer and liveusb creator are owned by Fedora upstream, and
both are some of the very first parts of Fedora that our users see when
they first try it, so making those experiences more polished is really
important.

>From the main meeting:
======================

Action items, by person
     1. Emichan
             1. Emichan to look over Michael's draft design team join
                page and review it
                https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Join_the_Design_Team
     2. fabsh
             1. fabsh & Schendje to iterate on F14 artwork for alpha and
                post what they come up with to the list before jul 27
                meeting
                https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F14_Artwork_Theme_Concepts
     3. mizmo
             1. mizmo to update blog post feedback on
                https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F14_Artwork_Feedback
             2. mizmo to post font-of-the-week blog post on comfortaa
                and try to find a packager
     4. Schendje
             1. Schendje to copy over users list feedback onto the wiki
                page at
                https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F14_Artwork_Feedback
             2. fabsh & Schendje to iterate on F14 artwork for alpha and
                post what they come up with to the list before jul 27
                meeting
                https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F14_Artwork_Theme_Concepts

> - F14 artwork feedback - How are we doing with gathering F14 artwork
> feedback? https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F14_Artwork_Feedback

We're getting lots of feedback, although we still need to post to the
fedoraforum.

> - F14 artwork - has anyone made any progess on our winning alpha concept
> yet? https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F14_Artwork_Theme_Concepts

Fab and Schendje have been working on iterations and posting them to the
list.

> - Fedora branding font - any more feedback on Comfortaa, Cantarell, or
> Droid Sans?

Fab has a little issue with the "I" and there's a thread going on about
it right now.

> - New Design team join page (by Michael Beckwith)
>
> - fedoracommunity.org and Fedora website redesign
>
> - Trac queue
>   - ticket 138 fedorahosted.org/design-team/ticket/138
>   - ticket 139 fedorahosted.org/design-team/ticket/138
>   - let's pick a new ticket for next week

Schendje also finished ticket 142