[Design-team] Our weekly meetings

Jef van Schendel jefvanschendel at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 21:52:00 UTC 2010

2010/7/21 Máirín Duffy <duffy at fedoraproject.org>:
> Hi folks,
>
> Now that we've had 7 [1] weekly team meetings (wow! lol) over the past
> couple of months, I am wondering how everyone thinks things are going.
> Do you think the meetings are running well? Do you think we could
> improve how we run them? Do you think the agendas are too full? Are we
> trying to take too much work on?
>
> Are you able to make the meetings? Are you going? If not, how come? Is
> there anything we could change about the meetings to make them easier
> for you to attend?
>
> How can we make the meetings more fun?
>
> LOL lots of questions! But I want to start a little discussion here. If
> the meetings suck, let's talk about it and make them better. If they are
> okay, we can keep continuing them.
>
> Anyway, I'm really sorry if the meetings are too boring; I'm not very
> experienced at running meetings so I'm hoping we can make them a bit
> more fun and useful in the future!
>
> ~m
>

> [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Design#Latest_Meeting_Minutes

Boring?! Not at all! At least, that's what I think.

For me the time is great (9 PM here).

I think the idea of having extended discussions after the meetings
would be great, although usually I have to go to work 15 min after the
meetings end so in the future I probably can't stick around very long.
So that's the only thing about the timing that sucks for me. If we
could push it to one hour earlier that'd be awesome, but I understand
that that's isn't easily done just for me. :) We could of course also
schedule those discussions for whenever the persons involved with that
particular task are available.

The agenda is fine I think, it just seems like it's too full because
sometimes there are topics that need more time. We should probably
push a topic back till after the meeting once we notice we've spent
more than 10-15 min on it?

But really, I think the meetings are great. They provide something
regular to build my schedule around and it's good to see what everyone
has been doing. :)

Jef