[Design-team] The capital "i" in Comfortaa

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 11:37:18 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-07-21 at 23:25 +0200, Fabian A. Scherschel wrote:
> OK, I get the confusion point. Still, how likely is this to turn up in
> titling things and how illegible will that be. Trns 0ut tle hnman
> braln cn hand1e 7hIs stff ouite weJJ. ;)

lol, nice gibberish, I'm astounded that I can read this without
issues... But sometimes I really confuse I with l or O with 0 and it
takes me some time before I realize my mistake (but that's only for
fonts where both I and l are just vertical lines and where 0 is without
dot in its center)...

> But maybe I am the only one who sees this issue. I admit it might be
> quite a personal thing.

Nope, I also think the "I" is a bit off in this font. Besides, "l"
already has a more subtle, but fitting, hint of serifs.

Martin