[Design-team] MgOpen Modata & accents

Fabian A. Scherschel fab at sixgun.org
Fri Jun 4 08:27:56 UTC 2010

2010/6/4 Máirín Duffy <duffy at fedoraproject.org>

> http://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/Quicksand
>
> It's called Quicksand. The author has said he has released it
> 'license-free' and commercial use is permitted. We would need to get in
> touch with him and see if he would be amenable to releasing it under a
> recognized open font license before we could include it in Fedora, but
> he does seem responsive in the typophile forums [2].
>
> What do you think?

Personally, the lower-case "a" in that font gives me a headache. I think
it's not "modern" enough looking for Fedora. I just tried to envision how
"fedora" would look and I like the existing font much better. But that's
just personal preference. While we do have Umlaute in German, I never use
them when doing English work so I've never even thought about the issue. But
then I don't have a problem with my name obviously... :/

Would we have to change the infinity wordmark as well? Would that work with
this font?

Just my five Euro cents,
Fab

# Fabian A. Scherschel
# Podcaster, Blogger, Fedora Contributor
# https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FabianScherschel