[Design-team] design team bi-weekly bounties

Fabian A. Scherschel fab at sixgun.org
Fri Jun 4 08:35:37 UTC 2010

Sorry, FAIL. I didn't even know that existed.... :O
Will have a look and give some feedback later.

On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 9:20 AM, Nicu Buculei <nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro>wrote:

> I think ours is better: is about the team and community, not about some
> corporate department.
>
> What we could do (but I am really unsure about that) would be to apply
> some filters on our feeds, sending only design-related stuff on the
> design aggregation and leaving the more personal things for the main
> aggregation - it depends on what is our target.

I agree that a community site is much better than a corporate blog. I picked
this example because all the posts on that blog are specifically written for
the purpose of communicating what the team is up to. That is usually not the
purpose of a planet. Were I to aggregate my blog on there, for example, only
maybe one in five posts would even be about Fedora let alone Design Team
stuff. Granted, I'm new and haven't written about it much but what I mean is
that having a place dedicated to informing non-team members about what we
are up to is valuable.

I am weary of opening another place for people to go to or duplication of
effort, but as it stands I've directed most people that asked me what the
team was up to in the direction of Mo's blog. While I do not like the way
the Canonical Design Team is handling things, I like the way in which they
have responded to the criticism on their lack of communication to the
outside with this blog.

Fab

# Fabian A. Scherschel
# Podcaster, Blogger, Fedora Contributor
# https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FabianScherschel