[Design-team] FUDCon EMEA 2010

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Tue Mar 30 14:56:24 UTC 2010

On 03/30/2010 05:32 PM, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-03-30 at 16:59 +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
>>
>> Let me tr to start the process with a simple question: what people liked
>> better, the white shirts of 2008 or the black ones of 2009? (for the
>> record, my preference is for black)
>
> Everyone I've talked to said they really preferred the black and were
> happy to get black last time around. I think it might be nice to have a
> blue one though... :)

Blue would be a very nice touch but we may stumble on the price problem
(IIRC, black t-shirt costs more than white and blue will cost even more)
and it may be difficult to find the right shade of blue.

> Does anyone have a fashion designer t-shirt design that they like? We
> should make something that someone would want to wear even if they
> didn't know what Fedora was - then they will start a conversation with
> the T-shirt wearer - 'where did you get that shirt?' which opens up the
> opportunity to sell Fedora :)
>
> I obviously like Hello Kitty t-shirts like the ones on sanrio.com but I
> don't think that helps :) These are some top-rated ones on threadless
> that might be inspirational!
>
> - http://www.threadless.com/product/1660/Solitary_Dream_Pt2

There is something about this one that made me like its design.

> - http://www.threadless.com/product/1719/The_Red

Hmmm... instead of the girl with the chainsaw having a geek with a geek
tool... (FreeDoom chainsaw? OpenArena rocket launcher?)

> - http://www.threadless.com/product/1811/Let_Go<= this one is 4
> color...

That one makes me think at F7 "flying high"

> -
> http://www.threadless.com/product/2017/If_Your_Pants_Are_On_Fire_Being_A_Liar_Becomes_Less_Important<= 1 color, clever slogan :)

Can we come with such a clever slogan about freedom?

> - http://www.threadless.com/product/2110/The_Midnight_Forest<= 4 color

If that one would be green, it would make me think "openSUSE"

How about one with a... starfish ? :p

> Every distro and conference has a t-shirt with a logo slapped on it.
> Let's use this as an opportunity to shine :)

Indeed, I feel awkward to goo to a meeting wearing the FUDCon 2008
T-shirt, it is past its time. Would like to have a design which passes
the test of time

PS: actually I saved one of those thin, transparent, white, "I <3
fedora" t-shirts waiting for the opportunity of some politically
incorrect photography work. I'm still saying "maybe this summer..."