[Design-team] Concepts for F14

Onyeibo Oku twohotis at fastmail.fm
Tue May 11 18:42:56 UTC 2010

> Message: 1
> Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 23:04:58 +0200
> From: Martin Sourada <martin.sourada at gmail.com>
> Subject: [Design-team] F14 Laughlin -- We're open for design concepts
> 	submissions
> To: Fedora Design List <design-team at lists.fedoraproject.org>
>
> Hi all,
>
> so the codename for F14 has been decided -- Laughlin, so it's the right
> time to let the F14 Artwork's ball rolling. I hereby announce that
> suggestions, design concepts and WIP wallpapers implementing this name
> are welcomed both here and on the following wiki page:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F14_Artwork_Theme_Concepts
>
> Discussion is preferred here, but each submission (supposing there's
> also a preview/WIP included) needs to be both uploaded to wiki and
> announced on this mailing list. Please use only openly licensed works
> when uploading to wiki, sources are preferred in SVG for vector based
> images and XCF for raster based ones.
>
> As for the deadline, AFAIK we have not yet the dates set, so it will be
> announced later, but it will probably be some time before Alpha
> (probably something between 1 and 3 weeks before Alpha freeze to give us
> enough time to decide on a final concept, to put it in enough shape for
> alpha and to package it).
>
> Happy designing,
> Martin

Meanwhile here is an intel on the name Laughlin:

Meaning of "Laughlin"
Irish name
In Irish, the name Laughlin means- servant.
The name Laughlin orginated as an Irish name.
The name Laughlin is most often used as a boy name or male name.

Irish Name Meaning - servant
Origin - Ireland

Thought that might help our imagination

Regards