[Design-team] The Archive

threethirty three at threethirty.us
Sun May 16 04:24:34 UTC 2010

On Sun, 2010-05-16 at 02:51 +0200, wonderer wrote:
> Hy there,
>
> for some time we all working on tasks where we reuse templates,
> pictures, Textual templates, etc. for all kind of work. But there is no
> place where we keep that collected work, that snippets of small peaces
> that could be reused in other ways.
> So, I had a small IRC talk with rbergeron and that gave a kick-off for
> "the archive" page [1]. It can/should be a kind of overlapping Startpage
> for Art/Design/photo/Textual/Marketing thingy.
>
> The idea is to collect these pieces out there in one place to reuse them
> for other work and not to invent the wheel new every time ;-)
>
> One of the first big issues / goals / whatever could be to have some
> kind of program-package installed on fedorahosted with maybe a small
> local part to manage some kind of photobucket (e.g. like digikam).
> Maybe you guys have some ideas or use already some kind of multiuser
> Photo-managing tool with tools like we all know from flickr & Co. that
> we could use for our own.
>
> Maybe it is a stupid idea, but I would like to have some kind of event
> photos from events Fedora people are on in a good quality (technical as
> well as compositional) to put those on e.g. flyers, presentations,
> Marketing Material, etc.
> In this gallery there also can be screenshots from different Releases
> also as from some general Programms we have in the distro over the years.
> Also e.g. some Backgrounds for presentation-templates, etc.
> I already posted a small Blogpost on how to make better event photos and
> the resonance was pretty good on that [2] so my impression is that there
> are more photographers are out that we can think of...
>
> Yes, I also know of that pain-in-the-ass discussion about
> model-contract, but hopefully that will come to an end soon. All I can
> offer at that moment is a common TfP [3] contract I translated into
> english and which is used in europe as far as I know and which I linked
> on the archive page so far.
>
> So, what you all think about that? Ideas? Also take a look at
> #fedora-photo if you want.
>

> mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards
> Henrik Heigl - wonderer at fedoraproject.org
>
> PGP/GnuPG: 8237 D432 0616 D567 DBC6  3FE3 0D52 B374 F468 A5F0
>

> [1] = https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing/Archive
> [2] = http://www.braincache.de/wp/2010/04/08/better-event-photos/
> [3] = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_for_print

A buddy of mine uses Coppermine for his screenshot site Unixporn.com
(don't worry its SFW) and I've used Gallery.  I think either one of
those would work well.

--
Justin "threethirty" O'Brien
Fedora Ambassador & Marketing Team Member
threethirty at fedoraproject.org
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Threethirty
threethirty on freenode.net
@threethirty - twitter/identi.ca/jaiku