[Design-team] Concepts for F14

Kyle Baker kybaker at redhat.com
Thu May 20 19:10:39 UTC 2010

Hi Design Friends,
In the last email I was inspired by the project name Laughlin and the phrase ' The whole is more than the sum of its parts.' I saw this as an opportunity to push the visual concept of cut and paste. Replication of the same simple shape to make a very complex design. How far can you push it. Something as simple as a line can be pushed pretty far. Here are some links:

http://ffffound.com/image/f66c6f2b56f058f65f07de831ff41764c7a9d726
http://ffffound.com/image/40a9d9f63206e3a4b2f6b095431fd1727070f0fe
http://ffffound.com/image/f07eeae06727922c461a1a28f01f7e197fcc21d6
http://www.justinmaller.com/showcase.html   (more or less)
http://ffffound.com/image/3c4689564b36a005b824a992e685a6651d19ad31    (more or less)

The cut and paste concept would work with any shape. I am going to just take a simple line and push it. I did a pencil concept sketch for a line illustration idea I had. Anyone is welcome to pursue it with me.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F14_Artwork_Theme_Concepts

There are a lot of great inspirational resources out there I use that are available to you.

http://ffffound.com/
http://www.behance.net/
http://www.cpluv.com/

Hope this helped with some inspiration!