[Design-team] Procedure for new font packages?

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Sun Nov 28 00:51:30 UTC 2010

Hi Valent,

On Sat, 2010-11-27 at 20:35 +0100, valent.turkovic at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi gals/guys,
> I found two great fonts that aren't currently packages for Fedora and
> have free licence so that they can be distributed by Fedora. Is there
> some procedure that I need to go through for fonts to be accepted by
> design team before I can package them?
>
> These are two fonts I would like to see in Fedora repos:
> http://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/Sansation
> http://www.dafont.com/jura.font

You have to submit the fonts for review through the fonts SIG - it's not
really a design-team managed thing.

I can tell you Jura's license looks fine, but Sansation's license is
going to need to be reviewed by Fedora legal. (see
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Licensing#Good_Licenses_4 )

The font packaging process is really beautifully documented, take a look
here:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Fonts_packaging

Typically you create a new wiki page in the fonts wishlist category
describing the font -
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Font_wishlist

Once it's packaged you move it to the packaged fonts category.