[Design-team] Upcoming Fedora 14 Tasks

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Mon Oct 4 14:35:00 UTC 2010

Hey Alexander,

On Mon, 2010-10-04 at 18:21 +0400, Alexander Smirnov wrote:
> It's my proposal for create DVD/CD sleeve artwork.
> This concept based on our new branding font Comfortaa and Cantarel.

> Desktop Live Media sleeve -
> http://inkscaper.fedorapeople.org/Fedora14/media-artwork/Fedora-14-live-media.jpg
> KDE Desktop Live Media sleeve -
> http://inkscaper.fedorapeople.org/Fedora14/media-artwork/Fedora-14-kde-live-media.jpg

Kick-ass, great initiative, Alexander! I quite like the new general
layout you've got in these mockups. What do other folks think?

The only critique I have is that it looks like there's a lot of text on
the back and it's kind of cluttered-looking. We might want to play
around with the positioning & spacing of the text to make it look a bit
cleaner / more organization.

I think we should probably drop the GNOME logo from the desktop spin
too. We're a GNOME distribution by default, so I think it's better to
have a 'plain' design for the default vs desktop environment logos on
more specialized spins. So I think it's fair enough to leave the KDE
logo on the KDE spin.

What do you all think?