[Design-team] Upcoming Fedora 14 Tasks

Jef van Schendel jefvanschendel at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 17:06:26 UTC 2010

2010/10/4 Alexander Smirnov <inkscaper at gmail.com>:
> Hi all!
>
> Desktop Live Media sleeve -
> http://inkscaper.fedorapeople.org/Fedora14/media-artwork/Fedora-14-live-media.jpg
> KDE Desktop Live Media sleeve -
> http://inkscaper.fedorapeople.org/Fedora14/media-artwork/Fedora-14-kde-live-media.jpg

Awesome work, Alexander! I especially like that the wallpaper is dark
enough at the left side to make the text readable. Great layout. :)

A few suggestions:

- The "join.fedoraproject.org" and the copyright notice are centered
while the rest of the text is aligned to the left. It makes it look
kind of off, I think putting those two to the left or using some other
solution (for instance, putting "join.fedoraproject.org" and the
copyright notice together) would make it a bit stronger.
- The number "14" isn't aligned with the text below it.
- I like the blue overlay, but the colour doesn't quite match with the
rest of the wallpaper. I think the hue isn't quite right: the
wallpaper seems to be more on the purple side compared to the blue
used for the overlay. It's a minute difference though, on one of my
monitors it's slightly noticeable but on the other it looks great.
- The text looks fine to me (I'm not a marketing guy), but it does
contain a bit of geekspeak. Things like "Fedora environment" and
"follow the prompts"... For instance, maybe "instructions" would be a
better word for "prompts"? Do others agree, of am I imagining things?
;)
- Like Máirín, I also thought that maybe we could lose the GNOME logo,
since it's the default. I don't know how "acceptable" that is
though...

Hope some of this helps!

- Jef