[Design-team] Initial Anaconda installer mockup

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Mon Oct 25 14:26:52 UTC 2010

Hi Luya!

On Mon, 2010-10-25 at 01:42 -0700, Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:

> I started to work on initial Fedora installer mockup[1]. The concept is
> based on openSUSE first screen installer (GRUB) and uses design team
> default typefaces: Cantarell for the body and Comfortaa for the title.
> Because it is my first time exploring that kind of layout, suggestion
> and feedback are greatly welcome.
>
> The idea came after reading Ananconda UX Redesign [1] aiming to bring
> more polish to the installer. More mockups will come based on feedback
> from UX Redesign.

I like the visual design of these mockups (although I'm not sure that
Anaconda/GRUB have the fonts necessary available at that point in the
boot process.)

I think it's fine to work through visual design ideas right now, but we
haven't really begun a usability assessment of Anaconda so I also think
it's a bit too early to start mocking up the UI screen-by-screen.