[Design-team] Supplemental Wallpaper XML Slideshow

Marc Stewart marc.c.stewart at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 7 23:08:51 UTC 2010

Emily and Máirín,

I've created a slideshow file for the supplemental wallpapers.
http://marcstewart.fedorapeople.org/f14/supplemental/F14_Supplemental.xml

For now, I'm assuming:

/usr/share/backgrounds/f14-supplemental/

for the directory and:

Autumn_colors.jpg
Mricon-f14-backgrounds-submission-red.jpg
Denali_from_mckinley_princess_lodge.jpg
Mricon-f14-backgrounds-submission-cart.jpg
Jean-marie_hullot_(imhullot_on_flickr).jpg
P1040377.jpg
The_sound_of_decadence.jpg
Dutch_skies.jpg
Kuranda_Butterfly_Sanctuary.jpg
Seneca_lake.jpg
Nicubunu-f14-backgrounds-submission-Magic-forest.jpg
Geese_at_Sunset.jpg
Turning_and_turning_in_the_widening_gyre.jpg

for the filenames. That's excluding the two problematic ones mentioned
in the meeting. Obviously, if you hear back from their creator, I can
add them in too.

The details are easy enough to change, aswell, if, for example,
Nicubunu-f14-backgrounds-submission-Magic-forest.jpg ends up being
renamed as just Magic_forest.jpg, or another installation
directory/directories is/are used. Just let me know.

I've set them to change after 30 minutes, and since different aspect
images have a tendency to cause a resizing glitch during the transition,
I've opted not to use a fade between the images. If all the images end
up sharing the 4:3 ratio, then I could add in, say, a two second
transition time.

Marc