[Design-team] Supplemental Wallpapers Package

Emily Dirsh emily at fightingcrane.com
Tue Sep 14 21:34:42 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-09-14 at 18:35 +0200, Martin Sourada wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've finaly found some time to work on the supplemental wallpapers
> pacakge. Here's the result for early testing:
> http://mso.fedorapeople.org/packages/F14/RPMS/

Thanks Martin!

> What I'd like from you to review before I push it to fedora is:
> 1. The Attribution file. It gets installed with the -single package
> which is required by both -gnome and -kde

There are a few issues with the attribution here:
     1. On Autumn Colors, the Author should be listed as B. Katz not
        Joisey Showa and please include his blog
        (http://www.joiseyshowaa.com)
     2. 'Mount Bator and Mount Sumeru in the back in Bali' is actually
        titled Sunrise on Tengger Caldera and the author's flickr name
        is jmhullot not imhullot
     3. On Dutch Skies, Bas Lammers email address (bslmmrs at yahoo) is
        invalid, I'd just remove it.
     4. On Seneca Lake, please list the author as Alex Wolcott.

> 2. The .desktop files -- there's some attribution as well, I might
> have make an error here and there

Basically, this has the same issues as the attribution file
     1. laughlin-autumn_colors.desktop, author should be listed as B.
        Katz
     2. laughlin-bali.desktop, author is jmhullot on flickr, not
        imhullot ;)
     3. laughlin-seneca_lake.desktop, author should be Alex Wolcott

> 3. The desktop-backgrounds-lauglin-extras.xml -- the attribution info
> I tried to add does not show in background properties and I don't know
> whether it's my fault or whether it isn't supported. Plus, again, I
> might have made a mistake when filling it out.

I think the chooser widget only supports showing a limited amount of
information, so it's not your fault ;). What Nicu, Mo, and I discussed
was including attribution information in the image name, so instead of
e.g.:
<name>Autumn Colors</name>
we would have:
<name>Autumn Colors by B. Katz (www.joiseyshowaa.com)</name>

It's not as elegant, but it gets the job done.