[Design-team] Gnome-shell extension that adds a Fedora logo

Kristóf Timur venemo at msn.com
Sun Apr 10 22:31:44 UTC 2011

Dear Design Team,

I've been a user of Fedora 15 for two weeks now and I'm impressed. However I was very much missing any Fedora branding from Gnome shell.
So I decided to look into creating Gnome shell extensions and I created a small extension that adds a Fedora logo to the Activities button.
The advantage of this extension is that it will work together with any theme, always displaying the glorious Fedora logo. :)

I also packaged it. I will submit the package for review tomorrow, but until then the source and the rpm can be found here: http://sources.venemo.net/
In order to use it, you will need to:
1. Get the RPM:
- Install the fedora-logo-gnome-shell-extension-1.0.0-1.fc15.noarch.rpm package
OR if you don't want to install a random rpm from a random guy on the internet, the source tarball is also there:
- Get the tarball, and extract the contents to ~/.local/share/gnome-shell/extensions/fedoralogo at fedoraproject.org/
2. Reload the shell: press Alt+F2, type r and press enter

I would appreciate any feedback about this idea. Eg. does the icon fit well in there, is this the right icon to use, etc.

Thanks in advance! :)

Regards,
Timur Kristóf