[Design-team] Gnome-shell extension that adds a Fedora logo

Timur Kristóf timur at sch.bme.hu
Fri Apr 15 11:45:38 UTC 2011

Hi guys,

You're making some sense here.
I'm not saying that my approach is the perfect one, I rather intended it
as a start, because this is an important thing to discuss. The logo is a
central piece of Fedora's brand and should not be taken lightly.

The logo should be in a place where the user always sees it. Just like
in any other desktop environment (and properitary operating systems also
have a logo that's always visible).

Here is how it looks now: http://i53.tinypic.com/33ndthv.png
Here is a comparison showing desktop and overview:
http://itmages.com/image/view/168138/2031fc59

If you guys think that it is not good this way, I'm open to suggestions.
Here is a few thoughts I have about this.
- Maybe we could place the Fedora logo in a fashion that brings it
closer to the Activities caption
- Maybe we could put the logo to a different place on the top panel and
give it some functionality too
although I would need a designer's opinion about these.

Just a few thoughts on Fab's wallpaper idea:
I usually see my wallpaper at two times:
- When I log in
- When I open a new workspace
for less than half a minute each. So having a logo on the background
would not make that much of an impression I think.

Cheers,
Timur