[Design-team] Gnome-shell extension that adds a Fedora logo

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Fri Apr 15 13:51:53 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-04-15 at 11:29 +0200, Kristóf Timur wrote:

> For this reason, this is something that should also be discussed with
> the Fedora marketing team. They should also have a say in this decision.
> (Because the removal of the Fedora logo will result in a weakening of
> the brand itself.)

I don't think you understood Owen, really. Replacing an existing
'branded' icon like the gnome foot in the gnome2 panel with a
distribution-specific one is one thing, and it was a somewhat expected
thing to do in gnome 2.x.

Forcing a branded icon in a very prominent place where the original
design doesn't want an icon is an entirely different thing to do, and is
very much not the expected thing to do in gnome 3.

So, I don't think there is any basis for a discussion here. There is no
icon in the top left corner, and there won't be one on the desktop spin.
If you want to install your extension on the design spin, thats your
decision. It would still make us unhappy if you do, though.

> > I think the plan is to go back to having the Fedora logo on the GDM
> > screen.
> That is good news. :) Thanks.

I've done the builds for that this morning.