[Design-team] Font suggestion for a title

Jef van Schendel jefvanschendel at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 20:08:06 UTC 2011

011/4/27 Karsten Wade <kwade at redhat.com>:
> Now with the correct recipient address ...

Hi Karsten,

Do you have a sample image that contains the Interstate font, so we
know what it looks like? I'm assuming that it's this one [1], which is
similar to (but not exactly like) the one used on opensource.com [2].

If you're looking for something similar to those (light, round, open,
sans-serif) you could have a look at Raleway (League of Movable
Type[3], Google Web Fonts[4]). It's apparently licensed under the "SIL
Open Font License", will that do?

I'm no typeface expert, but I try. Hope this helps. :)

Jef

PS Shame you couldn't make it to FUDCon Tempe, I would've liked to meet you!

[1] http://new.myfonts.com/fonts/fontbureau/interstate/
[2] http://opensource.com/
[3] http://www.theleagueofmoveabletype.com/fonts/14-raleway
[4] http://www.google.com/webfonts/family?family=Raleway