[Design-team] Trac tickets email notification

Onyeibo Oku twohotis at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 19:48:03 UTC 2011

On 02/07/2011 07:50 PM, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> We could also take time during meetings to go through some.

well, that depends on how it is handled.  If we're going to be
addressing lots of tickets in IRC meetings, the meeting will be
over-burdened. If we're going to be announcing tickets like this:

'Tickets of the day  = #so-and-so'

... and then deal with the highlighted ticket #so-and-so during the
meeting amidst other issues, then that's ok.  Summary: add between none
and two in the agenda so we know what's coming.

>> However I believe there are a couple of teams who get new tickets
>> reported to their mailing list. I think Marketing is one of these? Can
>> we start using the same function? I don't want new tickets to be
>> forgotten and leave the reporters without so much as a response.
>
> We have a separate mailing list for tickets so as to not clutter this
> list -
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/design-team-tickets
>
> Does it make sense to have two or should they be merged?

That depends on the frequency of Ticket additions.  If we're receiving a
ticket or two in a week, then separating the two is pointless.  With
increasing frequency, maintaining sanity and following threads on the
mailing list will become challenging.  Then, in that case, a separate
mailing list is ideal.  In reality, we don't get outrageous frequencies
so I think a merger is appropriate

I don't always remember the trac ... merging the two will help me
remember that we do have a 'line-up' of things to do (I don't know how
the rest of the team see that).  I'll also be nice to get a report/table
from trac at beginning of every month bearing the state of tickets.