[Design-team] 15 February 2011 Meeting Minutes

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Tue Feb 15 21:58:41 UTC 2011

Hey everybody!

Thanks for another great meeting today! Here's the minutes:
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-design/2011-02-15/fedora-design.2011-02-15-20.03.html

They are also posted to our wiki page here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Design#Latest_Meeting_Minutes

Here's the mo-summary:

Fedora 15 Wallpaper
===================

* F15 Wallpaper work progressing, need to make a stripes and non-stripes
version and make sure the stripes version doesn't interfere with the
GNOME shell overview UI, see development here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F15_Artwork/Development

Welcome Danny Steiben!
======================

* Danny Steiben dropped in for his first meeting, welcome Danny!

* Mizmo updated the join instructions to advise against picking up icon
tasks:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Join_the_Design_Team#Getting_Started

* Mizmo sent Danny an email with links to the robotics suite tasks and
spins banner templates since it's a less-frustrating first task to take
on than an icon design.

F15 Supplemental Wallpaper
==========================

* We went through all the various Linux/FLOSS related groups on Deviant
Art and advertised our F15 supplemental wallpaper process to them in
hopes of getting more submissions.

* Tatica updated the guidelines for the Flickr group
(http://www.flickr.com/groups/fedora-wallpapers/) to make clear we need
CC-BY-SA and mizmo wrote a note to one of the submitters who hadn't
CC'ed his work

Image Annotation App
=====================

* We've made progress on our image annotation app Fedora hosting request
(https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/2580). We have a
public test server and root access to install it. We'll need to create
our own backups. Emichan has some pending security fixes to apply in git
before we set it up.

Design Team Bounty

* The Fedora coin design will be the next Fedora Design Team bounty,
nobody has volunteered to write up the bounty yet
(https://fedorahosted.org/design-team/ticket/171)

Cheers,