[Design-team] Post-Alpha F15 Wallpaper Mockup

Catalin catalinfest at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 09:31:14 UTC 2011

gradient for the sky is too fragmented, you have to make it smoother
...on the other hand, the forest makes a common wallpaper.
...trees seem too lined up
if you want to use this kind then place a flock of birds, like :
http://www.brianalvarez.tv/images/01182009/flock1.jpg
another idea which I recommend, is to use Máirín image (has one with a
hand and a wing)  in the background, the wing is a marvel of nature
and evolution and would be a shame to not see...
...a combination of these two images would give a sense of evolution
http://pointcross.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/image002.jpg?w=207&h=158
and
http://www.infovisual.info/02/img_en/057%20Wing%20of%20a%20bird.jpg
This  :
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:Mockingbird-stripes-3-tata_feb15.red.png
it worked well but seems a sketch on notebook, but the wallpaper must
have something stronger in graphic expression, something symbolic and
powerful
Here is another image that would work well in Inkscape (I did not use
too often Inkscape)
http://www.ohboyparrotfood.com/images/wing-clip-line.jpg
Thank you for your attention.

2011/2/17 Máirín Duffy <duffy at fedoraproject.org>:
> On Thu, 2011-02-17 at 10:04 -0430, María Leandro wrote:
>
>> I really want to try something more realistic for this wallpaper using
>> as base the Emichan ideas. I'm up to really push the F15 wallpaper
>> into a surrealism trying to make something like F6, F8 or even F10
>> designs but based on vectors.
>>

>> I know is a challenge... but we need to try :)
>
> I showed this to you yesterday Tatica, but I wanted to show everyone and
> make the source available:
>
> http://fedorapeople.org/groups/designteam/Resources/Fedora%20Release%
> 20Themes/F15/Alpha%20Development/bg.png
>
> Source is:
>

> http://fedorapeople.org/groups/designteam/Resources/Fedora%20Release%
> 20Themes/F15/Alpha%20Development/tree-background.svg
>
> I came up with this yesterday trying to come up with some ideas for a
> non-stripe background.
>
> ~m

My sites:
http://catalin-festila.blogspot.com -about me