[Design-team] Your Fedora wallpaper submission

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jan 4 20:03:32 UTC 2011

Hi Ivan!

Thanks for your submission to the Fedora 15 supplemental wallpapers
project [1]!

Unfortunately, we cannot accept the submission because it includes the
Fedora trademark (the usage of which incidentally doesn't follow the
Fedora logo usage guidelines [2]). We have a rule on the page that the
supplemental wallpapers should not contain brand names or trademarks.
The Fedora logo is a trademark so it can't be distributed under a free
license - including it in a wallpaper would impact the licensing of the
entire supplemental wallpapers package. We want to make sure our
supplemental wallpapers package is unencumbered, freely-licensed, and
freely distributable which is why the rule is in place.

Anyhow, I am sorry for this bad news. I hope you can understand the
reasons for the restriction, and I hope that you'll be willing to submit
something else to our pool of wallpapers.

Thanks,
~m

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:KDE-stripes-fedora.jpg
[2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Logo/UsageGuidelines