[Design-team] Your Fedora wallpaper submission

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jan 4 20:36:55 UTC 2011

Hi Ivan!

On Tue, 2011-01-04 at 20:27 +0000, Ivan ??uki?? wrote:
> I don't mind. Just thought to submit it since I've got a couple of
> Fedora users asking for Fedora-branded version of Stripes (I've made
> it for least 10 different distros so far). Completely forgot about the
> fact that the logos and names in the Libre world are not as free as
> one would hope them to be.

Yeh, unfortunately trademark law is really rough and it's hard for a lot
of FLOSS projects to open their trademarks without also opening
themselves to abuse. :(

> I have one question though, does that mean that posting this on a site
> like kde-look would be a breach of some sorts?

I think as long as you correct the logo usage issue, it shouldn't be a
problem at all. The issue that concerns me about the wallpaper as
currently design is that there is a missing bubble that is supposed to
encapsulate the Fedora logomark's f and infinity symbol. I think the
stripe effect would be okay if applied to the full logomark.

If you're up for it and can work that bubble back into the logo so it
meets the logo usage guidelines, send the design to
logo at fedoraproject.org for official approval.

Thanks,