[Design-team] Anaconda, the comic book

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jan 18 00:40:08 UTC 2011

Hi folks,

I found some neat comic templates from http://designcomics.org/ that are
public domain so I started putting together a comic strip of a user
installing Fedora - using Anaconda along the way - just to get a
high-level idea of the sequencing of screens and what might make sense
for a user at each stage.

The comics include some light mockups of each screen the user goes
through - they may not have all the necessary details but they'll give a
gist. The order may not be feasible in Anaconda today - I think that's
okay. We could probably start from how it would make most sense to a
user experiencing it, and then figure out the logistics once we're happy
with what we mapped out for the user... making some trade-off decisions
for feasibility when necessary.

I hope this makes sense? With a lot of the UI mockups so far we've been
doing deep dives on particular sections so I thought a more holistic
approach would help keep things in order.

The work-in-progress so far is here:

http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/app%
20design/anaconda/comic/workinprogress-17jan11.png

The Inkscape SVG source is available here:

http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/app%20design/anaconda/comic/

What do you think? Do you see this as being a useful tool or a waste of
time?