[Design-team] F15 Wallpapers Status Update

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 22:36:22 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I finally got around to update the package with wallpapers (after
conquering my laziness, fruitless waiting for hi-res versions and
fruitless waiting for selected supplementary wallpapers list).

Of course, I need karma to push it into Fedora.

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/lovelock-backgrounds-14.91.0-1.fc15

The included pngs are exported from SVG [1] referenced on wiki as I
have found no suitably hi-res PNGs. It took ages, I wonder if my laptop
is just too old... The gnome version appeared on the wiki too late,
since there are multiple changes in progress over the various places, I
think I'll have to wait some more with adding it and setting it default
in gnome.

Plus, what's up with supplementary wallpapers? Looks like we won't have
them in beta ;(

And, I'd like to provide some constructive feedback to the wallpaper
itself for post-beta polish:
* The sky and moon are simply awesome, I like them, the stars might
  need adding some details for higher resolution
* The bird has some rendering issue, I wasn't able to fix it in the
  SVG and the presented PNGs are have too small resolution to use
* The tree looks great from afar, but in detail it looks odd, perhaps
  adding some detail might help
* I don't like the mechanical bird, IMHO the one in gnome version looks
  better
* The land is IMHO too simplistic and looks more like quick sketch than
  final design, I'm not sure though how to improve it :(

Cheers,
Martin