[Design-team] Fudcon EMEA

Storari Samuele sstorari at byte-code.com
Fri May 20 09:54:50 UTC 2011

2011/5/19 Máirín Duffy <duffy at fedoraproject.org>

> On Thu, 2011-05-19 at 15:24 +0200, Jef van Schendel wrote:
> > Maybe we can use this as an opportunity to teach people about Milan? :)
> >
> > Also, the Tower of Pisa and the Colosseum are *always* used when
> > talking about Italy, you know? Might be fun to use something else for
> > a change.
>
> I think it's cool to use a lesser-known highlight - for Boston FUDcon
> '08 when we first started using the 'landmark' artwork, we used the
> prudential tower in boston. If you don't live in Boston you might not
> know anything about it, but it's something you'd recognize in the
> skyline if you are in the city. Similarly, if the Duomo is a landmark in
> Milan, people who actually attend the conference will probably come
> across it while there, even if they don't know about it beforehand.
>
> Also, aren't these other monuments folks are talking about outside of
> Milan? I think it's better to focus on Milan.

+1
I think you're right and let me explain to you guys about the italian
monuments, here in Italy the majority of the monuments are church or
religious art pieces, it is cause here in Italy we have the Vatican and the
Pope for a long time (and we still have) so it's not only a religious thing
but a cultural's one.
In the past the a lot of commitment are religious and artists work for them.
I think use the colosseum alone it's not right 'cause the colosseum is in
Rome and it's geographically wrong use it alone talkin about an event in
Milan, it's like use the Empire State Building for an event in Buffalo, yes
they're in US too, but in different state.
For me the best solutions is use the second logo with some italian
monuments, so we can show a taste of italy but with something correct (the
Milan's Duomo).

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers
Samuele