[Design-team] Logo: FUDcon Blacksburg

María Leandro tatica at fedoraproject.org
Thu Sep 15 11:43:06 UTC 2011

2011/9/15 Máirín Duffy <duffy at fedoraproject.org>

> On Wed, 2011-09-14 at 17:08 -0430, María Leandro wrote:
> > meetings where fine at the begining, and should be fine. Perhaps not
> > weekly, if meetings aren't good enough then we have mail lists (which
> > we are using now), so consider that everything is a plus for
> > communication.
>
> Compared to the age of the team we have not been running meetings very
> long; it's only recently gotten to the point I worry about the meeting
> being a waste of time because so few attend (or self-admittedly
> 'half-attend.') If it's not fun we shouldn't be doing it, I think; if it
> was fun attendance would be higher, I think.
>
> If we are having (weekly | biweekly | monthly) meetings then what should
> we be using them for?
>
> Maybe we could have a weekly gathering time, but rather than running a
> formal meeting we can just schedule it as a kind of social hour you can
> show up to if you want a critique or feedback on a design? So if you can
> only make it once a month, no problem. But you don't need to be there to
> keep up or to pose a question or to give your status; you can feel
> comfortable doing so on the mailing list at your own pace instead.

a social hour is the same that a meeting, ask people to gather at a
particular hour might be the problem. Other idea is to set up days where
people can hang at any-time. gnokii, elad and even myself now that I got
time and internet are pretty much always at the IRC channel helping people
and chating, So a day can be set down completely where, if there are special
things to be reminded or set up, a wikipage call -agenda- can be set where
this doubts, ideas or anything can be placed, and then someone at the end of
the day (I can do it) send that -agenga- to the mail, to be discussed as the
"weekly discussions" instead a weekly meeting.

That will not only give free of time for our team, but also will help us to
expand our meetings, include those who not even can login into IRC (I was
one of those) and why not, give us a bit of time to think our answers, find
more resources and google more ideas :)

> ~m

tatica
Maria Gracia Leandro
http://www.tatica.org
LinuxUser= 440285  GPG Public Key: E1CDCC56