[Design-team] review/comment on t-shirt design of fudconkl

Buddhike Kurera bckurera at fedoraproject.org
Thu Apr 12 13:01:01 UTC 2012

On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 6:13 PM, Mohd Izhar Firdaus Ismail
<kagesenshi.87 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 8:37 PM, Buddhike Kurera
> <bckurera at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>> On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 5:32 PM, Mohd Izhar Firdaus Ismail
>> <kagesenshi.87 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> was supposed to send this earlier but kept on missing it >.<
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> FUDCon KL T-shirt will be using this design
>>>
>>> http://fedora.my/events/fudconkl2012/docs/t-shirt-2.png
>>> http://fedora.my/events/fudconkl2012/docs/t-shirt-2.svg
>>>
>>> It was done by the local team, but I think design-team should take a
>>> look and comment on any tweaks that should be done on it, especially
>>> with regards to logo and other guidelines which we might have missed.
>>>
>> Hello
>>
>> Nice to see the t-shirt design Izhar.
>>
>> I like the design but I have some concerns as well;
>> x I think it is good to replace the 'Contributor' word with some design.
>
> eh .. sorry, i uploaded the wrong file for the png .. check it again
> ;-) .. contributor word have been removed
>
>> x It is good to add fedora logo as well, otherwise there is no brand
>> representation/recognition I believe.
>
> currently theres the fedora bubble in place of 0 in 2012 at the front
> design .. (its ok according to the guideline right)?
>
> if you are thinking of another place for the full fedora logo, any
> idea where should be good?

This one seems cool, I like it[1].
IMO since there is no alternation/ modification of the fedora logo
I suppose the usage is fair according to the guideline[2].

Great work !

[1] http://fedora.my/events/fudconkl2012/docs/t-shirt-2.png
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Logo/UsageGuidelines

--