[Design-team] New Willing Contributor

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Tue Dec 11 16:41:38 UTC 2012

Hi Debadatta!

On Mon, 2012-12-10 at 22:59 +0530, Debadatta Bose wrote:
> I've recently grown interest around fedora and would like to
> contribute to the project. I would like to contribute to UI design for
> Fedora. I've made a few design contributions to Mozilla's B2G design
> and contribute to GNOME design. I would like to be assigned a task
> which I will try to fulfill to the best of my ability.

Awesome, welcome to the team!

If you're interested in UI design work, we do have an open design ticket
for http://ask.fedoraproject.org:

https://fedorahosted.org/design-team/ticket/199

If you visit it, you'll notice it's not using any of the standard design
elements of other Fedora applications and it doesn't have Fedora
branding. What we need are some initial UI mockups of what it could look
like with Fedora branding. I would say some key areas of the UI to focus
on for the mockups are:

1) The front page: https://ask.fedoraproject.org/questions/
2) Question details page: eg
https://ask.fedoraproject.org/question/2575/cannot-access-fedora-share-from-network
3) Ask question page: https://ask.fedoraproject.org/questions/ask/
4) User profile page: eg https://ask.fedoraproject.org/users/612/mairin/
5) Tag directory: https://ask.fedoraproject.org/tags/
6) People directory: https://ask.fedoraproject.org/users/
7) Badge directory: https://ask.fedoraproject.org/badges/

As for what branding/design you'll want to match it to, you can look at
the following sites (the first is our main website, the other one of our
webapps) for ideas:

http://fedoraproject.org
https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/  (eg
https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/inkscape )

Our logo and branding guidelines are available here as well for
reference:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Logo/UsageGuidelines

Let me know if you're interested in this ticket and we can reassign it
to you (I need your Fedora username to do this. If you don't have one,
we can set you up with one, just let me know.)

Cheers