[Design-team] Fedora 17 Wallpaper - "fireworks" concept - next step colorization

S.Kemter buergermeister at karl-tux-stadt.de
Sun Jan 15 15:40:35 UTC 2012

Hi mizmo and all other artists,

maybe thats a way to render fireworks, of course used my favorite tool Inkscape
;)

http://gnokii.fedorapeople.org/fireworks.png

first draw a star with 25 edges, spoke ratio 0.110, rounded 0.080 and
randomized 0.020

then I made 2 copies of it and added each 2 more edges and scaled them.

now, u can choose, I made path union of them all but u can do the next steps
of each stat alone there will be a better result.

I used the path effect Bend and brought the middle of the control line a little
bit up.

Then I filled it wit a radial gradient (each filled wit a little bit different
looks more cool)
Then I made a copy of them and filled it with white and set down the opacity to
30
Then I used some filter primitives on it, u can find them in
http://gnokii.fedorapeople.org/firework.svg

br gnokii