[Design-team] Fedora GRUB2 boot menu, from design perspective

Elad Alfassa elad at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jun 18 22:24:39 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 1:16 AM, Ryan Gauger <rtgkid at gmail.com> wrote:

> Isn’t this a bit ot? This is the design team, which is meant for design of
> Fedora (not the OS itself, but the theme, artwork, etc). I’m not over the
> team, or a mod, but I think this is ot, and is kind of strange seeing this
> in a design team... Thanks!
We design the OS, that includes artwork and UX.

Agreed.
>  * All kernels should be in subdirectory. That the current kernel
>   updates break the intended setup (as set-up in /etc) is obviously
>   incorrect and should be fixed. Both ways (submenus or direct menu)
>   are better than current state of things.
My thoughts as well
>  * I do not seem to see any theme, even though there's obviously the
>   beefy-miracle one installed. It's probably missing in configs
>   (/etc/grub.d/) though -- my issue, or a general one?
The theme was disabled cause apparently it caused performance issues
on lower-end computers :(
you can enable it by adding this line
GRUB_THEME=/boot/grub2/themes/system/theme.txt
to the file /etc/default/grub

> Cheers,
> Martin

-Elad Alfassa.