[Design-team] Team Improvements

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Thu May 10 17:39:09 UTC 2012

Hey folks,

So at Libre Graphics Meeting in Vienna last week gnokii and I talked
about things we could improve on as a team.

We stopped having regular meetings in IRC and gnokii suggested it would
be good to bring these back, but maybe have two meetings in different
regions, and maybe have the meetings less frequently so it's easier for
people to make the meetings.

What do you think about this? What kind of meeting frequency would you
like to see? Once a month per region, so we'd have two per month? Every
other week per region, so one week could be region A, the next week be
region B, so we'd have weekly meetings but each person would need only
attend the one for their region (although you can attend the others if
you want.)

My suggestion for the regions would be North America / LATAM as one
region and EMEA / APAC as the other region. Does this make sense, or is
it too wide? Should we do Americas / EMEA as one region and APAC as
another instead?

Also, do you have any other suggestions for how we can improve as a
team? Some ideas I have:

- Setting up a GlitterGallery for the team to replace our artboard
- Setting up a fresh set of Sparkleshare repos since our old one is too
big and unwieldy for anybody to use.

Let me know what you think, I think we're doing okay generally but we
can always improve. Please bring any issues you have to the table so we
can brainstorm some solutions.