[Design-team] UXPA Boston "Smorgasbord" talks -- Wednesday, Oct 17

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Fri Oct 12 18:27:51 UTC 2012

A friend of mine is speaking at this and invited me, and I thought it might
be of interest to Fedora design and ux people. It's not directly on topic, I
know, but the part about usability research on a modest budget particularly
caught my eye....

http://uxsmorgasbord.eventbrite.com/

In particular, Jen McGinn, the user reasearch lead for Oracle cloud and
social network talks about usability tests with "inexpensive (or free!)
tools", and Katherine Wahl, usability consultant at MIT, has a similar talk
titled "User Research on the Cheap: The user interview: the only real cost
is your time."

There's also talks on social media strategy and on mentorship, on drawbacks
in tablet UI design, ubituitous computing, and on "skeptUX".