[Design-team] About nuancier

S.Kemter sirko.kemter at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 01:09:53 UTC 2013

Hi,

2013/12/4 Pierre-Yves Chibon <pingou at pingoured.fr>

> Hi all,
>
> I have started to work a little more on nuancier.
> With the changes that are in the current git, users may log in (via FAS),
> upload
> their wallpaper with a corresponding name, license and author (in case the
> author is not the submitter).
> When they upload, I restrict the content using the filename (extension),
> the
> mime type of the file and I check for a minimal width (1600px) and height
> (1200px).

upload should be possible without FAS, we had because of that a discussion
on F18. Its just that, we need a valid mail address

> Admins can then moderate all the candidates and they must justify when
> they deny
> a candidate.
> Maybe we could trigger the badge at this stage, when the wallpaper gets
> accepted.

yes badge should only awarded when the submission is taken, we had this
time a lot of submissions with low quality, think that came as they wanted
a badge :(

> The elections are now time-based (so no-one needs to stay awake until the
> middle
> of the night to press the toggle button).

yeah

> Questions:
> - What more is needed when uploading a picture?
> - Other ideas in general?
> - Could we come up with a list of extensions accepted? (I have jpeg, jpg,
> png,
>   svg atm and I check them lower case, so JPEG will pass)
> - Similarly could we come up with a list of MIME types for images that we
> would
>   accept? (Atm I have only: 'image/jpeg', 'image/jpg', 'image/png')
>
> Finally, I have the same restrictions for contributing (uploading a
> wallpaper)
> and for voting. These are: having an account on FAS, have signed the CLA,
> being
> in at least one more group than CLA.
> I realize that this is already a change from the current procedure, but I
> find
> it unfair that people that submit a wallpaper cannot vote for themselves.
> So I
> would either stick with these restrictions or open the votes to people
> that are
> in no other group than CLA.

now, we want to prevent that people just signing up for this vote. I could
live with an extra group where submitters end up an can vote but open it
totally to the public I think is not a good idea. We already made the
process more open

br gnokii

make me rich, buy my Inkscape book http://is.gd/yq5OD0 ;)