[Design-team] Open Badges for Fedora Website Layouts

Zoltan Hoppar hopparz at gmail.com
Sun Jun 2 16:00:03 UTC 2013

HI Jennifer,

I think this is something new that should pick up to our websites.
Your work inspired me, that perhaps could be an another type of
website welcome you, instead of the current one - I mean the well
loved/hated start.fedoraproject.org.

Furthermore, IMHO I think it would be pretty fantastic startup site as
following:
- Take the current start.fedoraproject.org page content
- Add your design, and the latest news content, with FAS login
- Add personal settings links, datas (eg. subscription management
extraction from FAS2)
- Add events, upcoming events and meetings, tasks (this is the
currently under testing Fedora calendar project -
https://fedocal.dev.fedoraproject.org/)
- Add your badges design next to the person profile, and introduction
if he/she logs in (this is currently in wiki-mostly used by
ambassadors.)

If this page would be an nice mostly *locally gathered info page* as
you start your browser, I'm pretty sure that no one has no one made
such earlier.

HTH in your design. What do you think?

Zoltan

2013/5/31 Jennifer Kotler <jennlkotler at gmail.com>:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I’m  Jenn. (Jenneh on IRC) I am an RIT student studying medical
> Illustration, but I am more interested in making art for interactive media.
> I like vector artwork a lot! This past year I have been working at FOSS at RIT.
> http://foss.rit.edu/
>
> This summer I am working with the team implementing Open Badges for Fedora.
> For now I am making badge designs and UI and layout of the website.
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Open_Badges
>
> This is my first pass at the layout for the Fedora Open Badges website. I
> came up with a few style and layout options.  I tried to reference style
> from some current Fedora websites.
>
> The mock ups can be found at:
> http://foss.rit.edu/files/fedoraBadgeSiteMockup.pdf
>
> I left some comments in green.
>
> Any feedback or critique on the layouts and different styles would be
> greatly appreciated! Does anyone have any preferences? (My current is #3) Do
> these designs follow Fedora design standards?
>
> Thank you!
>
> -Jenn
>

> --
> Jennifer Kotler